Monday, January 10, 2011

And so it begins

     Tonight marks the first night in a month-long radio program; Refuge Radio.  It will air on KPRZ 1210 AM & can be heard live via their website from 8:30 to 9:00 Pacific Standard Time.  Get information off my splash page:  http://www.refugeradiosd.org/
     The nightly program goes like this:  Dr. James Dobson, then Focus on the Family, insert "Refuge Radio," followed by R. C. Sproul, and then J. Vernon McGee.  Uh....  What?!!!
     For those of you who are wondering what our week will look like, it goes like this:
          DAY ONE:  The history behind this church plant
          DAY TWO:  How we got on the radio
          DAY THREE:  The word "Refuge" (what it means & why we chose it)
          DAY FOUR:  Things we "hate" about church
          DAY FIVE:  The vision for our church
     I wanted to jot this stuff down before I actually hear the show.  I have absolutely NO IDEA what it will sound like.  For those of you who haven't done radio, it goes like this:  Enter room, sit down in front of mic, hit play, and whatever you say for the next 26 minutes is the show.  Hit stop and wait to hear it when everyone else gets to hear it. 
     Boy I hope it doesn't suck.
     Next week we'll be focusing more on teaching from the book of Galatians (you find that out in Friday's show).  Our goal for the first week is to promote and invite people to our church, and in week 2 we want to relax a bit in God's word. 
     I told Katie earlier that I keep hearing, "It's the FINAL count-down...  Do-do Doooo-do, do-do do-do-doooo, Do-do Do-dooooo, Do-do do-do-do..."
     Well God - You made me, called me, and here I am.  May the work I put forth bring glory to Your name and peace to my heart.
     "It's the FINAL count-down..." (roughly 36 minutes and counting to we hit the air)
     Pray for us...
        

1 comment: