Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hammered

     Lately I've felt like a nail being hammered into a wood block by an unskilled worker.  This isn't the heavy, single swing of an expert carpenter smacking home the fastener with one swift stroke.  This is the awkward beating of someone who never held a hammer before and is now smacking away violently in an attempt to sink me ever deeper into the block.  It's clumsy, painful, and downright annoying.
     The hammer has been my recent spurt of unexpected troubles.  Blown water line, a rat the size of my forearm, no heat in the house, both cars breaking down on the same day, my wife's sudden string of headaches and throat troubles, my dog going straight psycho, my neighbors yelling at me over my dog, my unemployment suddenly being cut-off unexpectedly, unmentionable family troubles, and a slew of other sudden problems I'd rather forget than record.
     I'm not one to typically blame situations on spiritual warfare but I'm straight under assault right now.  The Bible says it exists and the book of Job is an amazing depiction of what life can be like when the Devil gets involved.  That being said - these problems all started when I agreed to plant a church.  I've shared these experiences with those closest to the plant & I've told them how these events just confirm that this is exciting stuff but seriously God, enough already.  Time to shelter me in your shadow and encase me in a cosmic force field of anti-bad stuff or something.  I'm straight done being hammered...
     Pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. Greg, I know what you mean. Let me say this again, I know what you mean. But what is so cool about all of it is the fact that we are being pushed by God's Holy Spirit. We have a heavenly Host all around us doing battle for us. Yes, you and Katie have been under the hammer and through the valley but you have to go through the dry valley to get to the wetter, greener pastures in the higher mountainous areas. I too have had my share of spiritual warfare of late. Pam is so solid. If Jesus is our "Rock" then Pam is the "Redhead" bolt drilled into that Rock! God is doing some amazing things right now through the new church plant! If anyone reads this comment please be praying for all of us as we get The Cross Fellowship and soon to be The Cross Community Church up and running. God is so very good! I'm praying for you Greg. PS forgive my spelling as my spell checker is disabled and is not working...give me grace!

    ReplyDelete